Local Maps SEO
Our Local Maps helps you be found in the Maps section of the three largest search engines: Google, Yahoo! and MSN Bing.
When potential customers are looking for a plumber, for example, they want a listing in their local zip code, community or city. Search engines program their systems to be geographically based and deliver local results. This means that the search engine will automatically show results in the desired community. If it doesn’t, the service/product, along with either the city/state name or zip code can be entered. This will result in a ‘map’ appearing in the search results, that shows and lists business locations and contact information.
Z Global utilizes a set of proven techniques to submit and regularly update your geographic and business information on Google, Yahoo!, MSN Bing and other search engines. These sites store your information until a potential customer requests it.
As part of your plan, we continuously resubmit your information to achieve the highest possible position in the map results. This, in combination with the organic search listing and sponsored search results, means that you’ll potentially show up in three places on one search engine results page. The more places your listing appears, the greater likelihood you will get business.
The map feature is also available through mobile search results. When people search for products or services using their cell phone or personal digital assistant, your business listing and map will show up in mobile search results.
Local Search & Optimization
What is “local search” and how does it differ from?
Local Search Programs are very different from traditional Search Engine Optimization (SEO) as it is not focused on Search Engine Results Page (SERP), but rather on the local listing shown on Google Maps.
Let’s take a look at an example of what a local search looks like. We performed a search for “online marketing in DC,” and below is a screenshot of what our SERP looked like. The results are split into four categories:
- Google AdWords Express Results: The flexibility of paid search with the convenience of local search
- Pay Per Click PPC ( PPC) Results: Learn more about our PPC programs here
- Local Search Results: Detailed information such as name, address, phone number, and locations are also displayed on Google Maps
- Organic Search Results: Learn about our programs to gain organic rankings here
It’s crucial to have your company’s information displayed in the local search results because they appear at the top of the page and on the map. Local results also expose users to more of your brand than just your Meta data. Now they can quickly see your address, phone number and even photos of your location without having to commit to clicking through to your website.
- 97% of consumers use online media to research products and services in their local area
- 90% of searchers don’t look past the first page of results (According to Google)
- 83% of local searchers will follow up with a phone call or visit to the Google Places listing that stands out best