Google Places Optimization
“Meet Google Places, the service from Google that your competitors don’t want you to find out.”
Did you know that 80% of local business comes from people who live or work 5 miles from your location? Do you know what this means to you, the local business owner?
Traditional advertising mediums are loosing their overall effectiveness. Newspapers are declining at incredible rates, phone directories are extinct, do you where yours is? Print ads are getting more expensive, e-mails; there is too much spam. Even TV is loosing its effectiveness because of TiVO and DVRs. Then there is direct mail, which is very expensive too and yield only 1%-2%, if you are lucky.
When it comes to local advertising, Google Places is king.
Google Places used to be Google Local, but the name was changed to better fit it’s line of service. Did you know that there are over 50 million Places pages? These cover all types of places, ranging from businesses like dentists, restaurants, and optometrists to locations like dog parks, transit stations and even baseball fields.
Did you know that only 2 million listings have been claimed in the United States? Can you see the huge opportunity Google Places brings presents to you and your business? Imagine being one of the few businesses who have claimed their Google Places page and optimized for top results, which can be achieve if you hire the right person. Someone with experience and knows all the Google Places policies and best practices so that your listing is at the top and won’t get you banned from the listings.
Google Places will also earn you a spot on Google Maps. Did you know that 20% of all searches on Google are related to a location? Maps are the new “Yellow Pages”.
Maps are also mobile, which means you will be found by customers using their smart phones even faster and easier. This is a huge opportunity for every business owner. Don’t be a follower, be a pioneer and get started today with your Google Places enhanced business listing.
Key Benefits About Having Google Places?
- Offer coupons, discounts, and special offers on the fly, and change them as often as you like, for as long as you want
- Provide descriptive information about products and services, feed those hungry prospects with the information they are searching for
- List geographies served, such as cities, counties, and regions, in the mean time you consider opening another establishment down the road or closest town
- List hours of operation, show them that you are open on Sundays until 9PM or that your store will be open on the next holiday to better serve your customers
- Post imagery and YouTube videos about your business, with our help; you can give your business credibility and studies have shown that listings with images are preferred by prospects when searching online
- Customer testimonials and reviews, they will make your business stand out and we can show you how to ask for them and they will even help you make your business better
- Google Maps embed codes to add a Google Map to a website, trust me; your customers will love this one. They’ll be able to get directions from your Website or from your Google Places page
- Paying a fixed rate for yellow Google Tags to appear under the listing, this option is optional, but when used correctly; it can deliver amazing results because it shows different on maps and Google Places results
- Paying a self-determined rate for Google Boost Ads, where Google chooses which keywords your business will appear under
- Google AdWords offers an extension to local businesses, allowing an address to appear under an ad within Google-only search results
This is the secret your competitors don’t want you to know because if it’s done correctly, your Google Places will rank higher than theirs, and even your Website could appear on top of the search results. Think total domination for a specific product or service in the area where you serve, and the best thing is that, not only will you get more new and repeat customers, you’ll also feel good that you are providing a great service to the community you belong to.